Subject: SC 22 N 3166 - Correspondence Between the SC 22 Chairman and the SC 35 Chairman Concerning the CLAUI Meeting

From: Lisa Rajchel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 13:56:12 -0400

__________________ beginning of title page _________________________ 
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces 
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N3166

TITLE:
Correspondence Between the SC 22 Chairman and the SC 35 Chairman Concerning
the CLAUI Meeting
DATE ASSIGNED:
2000-08-31

SOURCE:
J. Hill, SC 22 Chairman
BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Other (Defined)
PROJECT NUMBER:

STATUS:
This document will be discussed under Agenda Item 11.10 at the JTC 1/SC 22
Plenary Meeting. 
ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI to SC22 Member Bodies
DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
	text

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Lisa Rajchel
ANSI
11 West 42nd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4932
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

__________________ end of title page _________________________ 

Paris, August 28th,

Dear John,

I just arrived from Brazil, where I had no permanent connection to the net.
I had the bad surprise to find your mail showing that you didn't receive the
invitation send on July 23rd in the afternoon. Maybe the reason is that I
send it to [email-masked] which was the one registered automatically by
Outlook on one of your previous message.

If it is not the case, I am now also worried if some other member didn't
receive it and I will resend it to the full list and ask for confirmation as
soon as possible.

Sorry for those difficulties. I expect that this will not create you to many
problems.
With my best regards.

Yves NEUVILLE

______________________________________________

Copy, of the original message send on July 23rd in the afternoon  :

Subject: Invitation to the CLAUI TD coordination meeting (Wednesday 18th and
Thursday 19th October 2000).

Dear colleagues and friends,

I have the pleasure to invite you for our coordination  meeting of the CLAUI
TD (Cultural and Linguistic Adaptability and User  Interface Technical
Direction).

Finally we succeeded  to hold it in Sophia-Antipolis (between Cannes and
Nice and near Antibes-Juan les Pins) on  Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th of
October 2000. The date was advanced of one day on the requirement of Kohji
SHIBANO who has a meeting in Europe the week before. It was impossible to do
better because of rooms  availability and organization matters.

I expect that this will not create difficulties for our other members. At
least it gives them a chance to be at home for part of the week-end. Anyway
in case of impossibility you may always be represented by another member of
your  committee.

 The meeting will be hold in the CIV (Centre International de Valbonne, 190
rue Frédéric Mistral, Valbonne Sophia-Antipolis). Our contact is Mme LOPEZ,
tel. 33 (0) 4 92 96 52 73, fax 33 (0) 4 92 96 52 99 (with : A l'attention de
Mme LOPEZ, ISO CLAUI meeting...), email [email-masked] .

You may already look at the ETSI site, also located in Sophia, where you
will find all the information needed on hotels, locations, car rental
(http://www.etsi.org/helpdesk/) ... Etsi authorized us to get the benefice
of their reduced rates. Just precise ISO CLAUI - ETSI meeting. The best is
to arrive through Nice airport, many companies having direct flies
available.

I will be out of France till the 25th of August. A proposed detailed
schedule will be sent to you beginning of September (item proposals are
welcomed) and some accommodation informations.

An answer at the end of August concerning your personal attendance and those
of your SC's members will help me a lot for the last meeting arrangements.

Looking forward to meet you in Sophia, accept my best regards.

Yves NEUVILLE

_______________________________________________

RESOLUTION 2 (Nara, May 2000)

CLAUI TD coordination meeting  -- tentative date: 19-20 October 2000

SC35 proposes to chairmen and convenors of SC2, SC22/WG20 (including the
 chairman of SC22), and SC35 and concerned project editors, to attend a
 coordination meeting of the CLAUI TD to be held in Paris or Southern France
 on Thursday and Friday 19 and 20 October 2000 (tentative dates).

Adopted unanimously
 _______________________________________________

Dr. Yves NEUVILLE
 Chairman of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 35 on User Interface
 National Education Ministry - Inspectorate General.
 23, quai Saint Michel. 75005 PARIS. FRANCE
 Tél.:  + 33 (0) 1 46 33 40 60
 Fax : + 33 (0) 1 43 25 50 60
 Email :  [email-masked]
 _______________________________________________

----- Message d'origine -----
De : John L. Hill <[email-masked]>
À : <[email-masked]>
Envoyé : jeudi 10 août 2000 16:53
Objet : CLAUI

> Hello, Yves.
>
> My schedule is beginning to become crowded during October.  I remember
that
> the week of Monday October 16 is the tentative date for the CLAUI meeting.
> Do you have specific dates? Location? Recommendation for hotel? Agenda?
>
> John