Subject: Canadian contribution on inclusion of EURO SIGN on keyboards (ISO/IEC 9995-3)

From: Alain LaBont� SCT <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 09:54:59 -0400

Nohara San,

Here is an official Canadian contribution to JTC1/[SC18¹]/WG9 requesting an
amendment to ISO/IEC 9995-3 (Common supplementary keyboard group layout for
the Latin alphabet) in line with the proposed addition of the EURO symbol
in multiple-octet-coded and 8-bit-coded character sets. This is for
international usage, although Canadian standard CAN/CSA Z243.200-1992,
partly based on ISO/IEC 9995-3, and under revision this year, will be
affected. 

There is also an attempt in this contribution to harmonize national layouts
for the EURO SIGN or at least set a common direction whenever possible.

There are 2 annexed files, one in Word format, the other one in HTML.

Please distribute whichever one you can print correctly with your national
version of Word. This is for discussion and recommendation at our Cupertino
November meeting.

Alain LaBonté
Québec

on behalf of CAC/SC18/WG9

(and Project Editor, ISO/IEC 9995-3)

¹ For other readers, SC18 has been abolished but not its WG9, which now 
  operates under JTC1, pending results of the planned ISO/IEC Workshop on 
  Cultural Adaptability, to be held in January (week of the 20) in Ottawa